Why We Remember Pain More Than Joy

Brain has different way to see negative feedback, because it’s leads to alternation in neurotransmitter levels and increase in cortisol levels, any kind of stress leads to increase in cortisol which invariably makes our system to believe it to be in survival mode leading to physiology changes by activation of sympathetic system_ flight or fight response,all this reaction makes it believe to be on survival mode, so any negative feedback will be remembered to avoid landing in flight or fight response, where as positive reinforcement has different chemical response which makes us feel safer , so no flight or fight response.

1 Like

Negative thoughts create a never ending loop

1 Like

Yes, I have noticed this in myself too, When things don’t go the way I expect or something negative happens, my mind automatically focuses more on that one negative moment than on all the positive things. I also feel that when we stay busy with work or daily routines, we overthink less. But when we have too much free time, negative thoughts and overthinking increase. This is something I’ve personally experienced.

Yes I agree! We cannot fully lean on one side. Both are important.

True! We should try to appreciate small things in life.

That’s very interesting!

1 Like

That’s good!

Thank you so much!

I agree it needed a thought.

Scientifically well said!

Yes it’s dangerous.

Yes I also used to face it. We need to try and control it in better way to overcome that. It’s a slow process but happens eventually with patience.

Everytime

even if we say no this one statement cant break me i always find myself drowning into the fact what if it was true !!

1 Like

True.

Yes, absolutely. There was a time when I found myself trapped in that exact cycle, before I started investing time into reading soulful, meaningful content. But everything changed once I began trying to understand how the world works and why our minds lean towards negativity.

A major turning point for me was reflecting on the Quran verse “Indeed, with hardship will be ease”. It literally shifted my mindset. Recognizing that truth allowed me to stop dwelling on the negatives and redirect all that energy into building my personality, my world, my dreams, and my goals.

1 Like

Very well said!

1 Like