Lost hope during the final semester: Passed out as an University Rank Holder

It was my final semester of M.Sc. Biochemistry when I was diagnosed with Spondylitis and slipped disc. It was really difficult to travel for me and my projects were still incomplete. That was the time when I learnt the true value of friendship, all of my classmates helped me complete the project and prepare for the exams.
I followed some strategies so that I do not get over burdened and my health improves along the journey.

  • Make a Timetable: Pick important topics from every subject and follow a schedule to go through each of those subjects, even if it takes 10 min. By doing so, you’ll feel more confident as you are in tough with all the subjects.
  • Go Easy on Yourself: Do not rush yourself to complete the whole semester in a day. Be gentle with yourself and focus more on the difficult topics first.
  • Ask for Help: Feel free to seek help from friends and teachers as they can help you understand the concept better. They may even help you write the records and assignments in case of emergency.
  • Be Confident: Apt level of confidence can get you through many difficult situations, none of the concepts are unheard of when we go for the exams, so we have to be calm and the confident to build the right answers.

Have you faced medical emergencies during college and how did you manage to cope up?

MBH/PS

11 Likes

This could be common ty for awareness

2 Likes

No I haven’t but even a fever or stomachache during exams where difficult to mange with studies .

2 Likes

I have closely witnessed a similar situation while supporting a friend through a difficult phase. Your post beautifully highlights the value of resilience and genuine friendship.

2 Likes

Yes during college internal exam i was diagnosed with dengue and admitted in hospital so missed the exam but as it was internals didn’t affect me much also professors were supporting I didn’t appear for written exam but they conducted a viva and had given me marks based on that.

2 Likes

No. But I faced medical emergency in my family just before my exams. I rushed at home with whatever means of travel was available. Got everything in order, luckily everything went well. Then went back to start studying again.

2 Likes

Fortunately, I didn’t face any health-related challenges during my college days. It’s important to maintain a balance between health and time, and we shouldn’t hesitate to ask for help.

2 Likes

Yes, we face a lot of medical issues during exam specially headache, depression of not doing enough or future stress but instead of focusing on this we should do our best and keep going without thinking of results.

2 Likes

During these days we get to realise who are our well wishers and want us to get successful.

2 Likes

That must have been really tough, but you handled it with strength.Having good friends and taking things step by step makes all the difference.A gentle reminder that it’s okay to slow down and still move forward.

2 Likes

Medical emergencies are worst that to when you are in hostel that is even more worse because nobody will come and take care of you

2 Likes

That’s true.

1 Like

Glad that you were a pillar of strength.

2 Likes

That’s lovely.

1 Like

Very true.

2 Likes

Having good friends help us soar through such situations.

1 Like

Certainly.

1 Like

Thank you so much

1 Like

True but it is when we form our second family- friends.

1 Like

Yes, I have face this type of situation. I have been face an accident during my eleventh standard examination.I can understand that type situations very well. And I think asked for help is necessary in this situation.

2 Likes