A 33 year old doctor shared his dilemma on the social media platform Reddit on September 24.
The doctor explained that he works at two hospitals located 25 kilometers apart, and his work schedule demands that he drive approximately 60 kilometers a day. “Should I hire a driver?” asked the doctor.
He further explained that he feels consistently exhausted from driving because of traffic congestion and parking challenges, and that hiring a driver would ease his mental burden.
“Should I be frugal and drive myself, considering a driver’s salary can be around 2.5 lakh per annum?” He explained that he currently earns a gross income of around 3.5 lakh per month and a driver would cost him around 18 thousand per month.
Question : Where do you draw the line between burnout and exhausting yourself?
I like seeing discussions that are real issues healthcare staff face. A lot of doctors I know work in two hospitals, getting a driver is a more practical approach. The doctor can take a nap, do research or just relax in that duration. We are earning money for a good quality life and how will we do that if we forget to take care of ourselves
People earn money so that they can have a comfortable life. If hiring a driver and reduce the hecticness of the life then why not we should hire. It will make the life easier and comfortable also. You can also have me time while sitting in the car during the drive.
This is an example of choosing a little rest for yourself or saving that amount of money! I personally feel that hiring a driver would be the better choice as it saves you from exhausting yourself and you can relax and gather yourself in that timeframe. It will save your energy and you can invest that energy towards spending time with your family/ a hobby etc.